Safeguarding and Child Protection in an International School Setting
We know from our own experience as school leaders the importance of informing staff not just about safeguarding practices that keep our young people emotionally and physically safe, but also equipping them to spot potential warning signs among those in our care.
That makes it vital to provide termly safeguarding training to ensure all pupils, staff and parents are being properly protected by the very best safeguarding practices.
Our accredited INSET Pack 2020/21 does that, and can be adapted to your school’s own context and location wherever you teach in the world, whatever curriculum you follow.
Our 2020/21 INSET pack includes five accredited modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding (Level 1)
- Module 2: Peer-on-Peer Abuse
- Module 3: Listening to children – dealing with a disclosure
- Module 4: Sexual Harm
- Module 5: Modern/Affluent Neglect
If you would like an overview of the content included in each module, please do email us for more information.
What your INSET Pack contains:
- 5 ready-to-deliver presentations, handouts and worksheets covering key concepts.
- Complete facilitator notes.
- Invitations for two staff members to attend an online facilitator training event (if you would like more invitations, just let us know).
- Over 7.5 hours of training material and additional reading material.
- International case studies.
- Best practice examples from the UK and overseas.
- Engaging, interactive activities for group work and self-reflection.
- Resources that can be applied to your school’s own setting .
- Accreditation certificates for 2020/21 to award to your staff.
- Optional follow-up support.
Reasons to choose Veema
- We work extensively with UK and International Schools and so have a global understanding of the issues facing educators and school staff.
- Our highly-rated training courses have been created by experts and are delivered by experienced professional development trainers.
- All our trainers are former teachers and school leaders who know how to look at the world from your perspective.
- Our courses are certified, which means you can be sure of their quality.
- We offer extensive and in-depth post-course online support to help you get the most from each training session
- Our programmes can be tailored precisely to your school’s needs.
- We offer a wealth of literature and material for use in your school.
How it works
- Purchase the resources by completing a purchase order Form.
- Once you’ve done this, we will send you the INSET Pack and all accompany resources to the email address you’ve given us.