- Maximise opportunities for learners to contribute to classroom dialogue as well as participate actively in lessons.
- Reduce poor-quality teacher talk which can lead to inattention and restlessness in learners.
- Ascertain essential information during a lesson about the understanding of learners.
- Gather feedback from learners about their progress during lessons so that you can assess the impact of your teaching as you teach.
- Adapt to the emerging needs of learners as the lesson unfolds.
- Get active participation from all learners with a “No Passengers” approach to classroom instruction.
- Completion Certificate
- Take-away Resources
- Essential Reading List
- Optional Post Online Support
About Isabella Wallace
Author, Teaching & Learning Consultant, Keynote Speaker
With her critically acclaimed Pimp Your Lesson!, Talkless Teaching and her new Best of the Best practical classroom guides series, Isabella is a leading light in educational reform and teacher improvement. She focuses on improving the quality of teaching and learner progression and delivers sessions that are highly interactive and relevant to teaching in the real classroom. Isabella has extensive experience as both a teacher and leader, and the accessibility of her highly sought-after training reflects this. She has worked closely with education authorities to develop literacy teaching provision, and to set up, manage and monitor staff coaching systems in schools. Thanks to her charisma, enthusiasm and knowledge of what works best, Isabella has delivered training across four different continents and is one of the most prolific education consultants working in the UK today.