Building teacher morale, especially in the winter months and in the build-up to exams, is vital to creating schools and classrooms where teachers and children are happy and excel. Here are a few easy to use morale boosters to help you this term:
- Hand out a teaching and learning resource box.
- Arrange regular ‘Feel Good Fridays’ in the staffroom at break time (even some biscuits or donuts with a mug of coffee can make the perfect end to the week).
- Publish the positive work of staff in the school newsletter and on social media accounts.
- Organise your own fortnightly or termly ‘TeachMeets’ in staff briefings to share best practice.
- Produce staff and student videos. Play them around the school to really express how great your school is.
- Find exciting ways to model your school vision. Refer to this in staff briefings, student assemblies, parents’ evenings or meetings with school governors.
- Revisit moral purpose, reflecting on ‘why we are teachers’ at every available opportunity.
- Ask staff how they would to celebrate the school’s achievements at the end of term and regularly promote this event.