As this year draws to a close and you busily tick off your Christmas checklist, take a moment to reflect on your professional development so far and what you aspire to going forward. Below is a CPD checklist that will help you along the way.
All CPD should:
- Have clear personalised teacher goals agreed from the start.
- Be part of a school ethos that promotes on-going professional development.
- Include a clear timeline for measuring CPD impact covering the how, what and when, right from the start.
- Allocate follow-up time for the practice of new skills and utilisation of the program materials.
- Focus on student learning needs.
- Enable modelling, demonstration and practice from day one.
- Involve on-going support and collaborative opportunities.
- Allow for mentoring, coaching, frequent working groups, school visits and meetings using data instruction, pedagogy and research.
The Veema Team and I would like to wish you a fantastic Christmas and a new year filled with great things.