Our free expert webinar will be on Wednesday 02 October 2019, and will be delivered by Judith Green.
- Serving and prospective governors
- School leaders
- Public interest
This webinar will offer an introduction to the role of governors as school leaders and their responsibilities in working with executive leaders on the school improvement journey. It will cover:
- The Role of the governing body
- How to create an effective governing team
- Working with the Headteacher
- What inspectors look for in effective governance
- Why governing bodies succeed and fail
- To gain an overview of the roles and responsibilities of governing bodies and guide governors towards a reflective understanding of their practice as school leaders
Judith believes every child deserves the very best education possible and that it is the responsibility of teachers and school leaders to deliver this, a philosophy that is very much reflected in her coaching and mentoring methods. So she actively works alongside HMI and OFSTED to support schools as they look to raise their standards during what can sometimes be very difficult self-improvement journeys. Judith’s leadership is defined in large part by her ability to distinguish the truly innovative idea from the educational fad. Her highly successful career has encompassed primary teaching, leadership and management and has taken her from small village school through to some of Britain’s most needy and demanding urban educational environments. Judith has recently become the founding headteacher of an entirely new British international school of some 800 pupils. Under her leadership, the school has already become a vibrant and outstanding example of academic, pastoral and vocational excellence.