Join our international big day out with author & Veema consultant Isabella Wallace
Ensuring that every pupil in your class makes progress can sometimes seem like an impossible task – especially when within your class there are learners with wildly differing starting points. This course provides a comprehensive guide to ensuring that every pupil in every lesson is supported and challenged to their full potential. Jam-packed with low-prep/ no-prep practical strategies that are ready to use immediately, and underpinned by the latest research, this training will help entire schools to feel confident about classroom practice in ever lesson.
Find out how to ensure undeniable, visible progress for every learner without creating unnecessary teacher workload! Take away exciting and innovative techniques, that are realistic and useable the very next day in subjects across the curriculum and different Key Stages.
The day will provide practical strategies for:
- Coping with significant differences in attainment — built-in differentiation
- Covering lots of content without over-using teacher talk
- Ensuring every learner makes progress
- Adapting teaching in a responsive way
- Helping learners retrieve and integrate knowledge
- Engaging reluctant learners
- Encouraging learners to be self-reliant, confident and proactive
- Using feedback to meet individual needs and move learners forward
- Presenting information to learners in a clear, concise way
- Using questioning effectively
- Getting learners working harder than the teacher
- Making progress highly visible in a lesson
- Supporting less confident or reluctant learners — building self-esteem and motivation
- Empowering the low attainers and stretching the high attainers even further — eliminating the fear of being “STUCK”
- Supporting pupils with poor literacy skills
- Identifying where intervention is necessary
- Ensuring your TAs have a measurable impact
- Ensuring work is challenging enough for all pupils and meets their individual needs
- Keeping consistently high expectations of all pupils
- Accurately matching teaching to individual needs
- Delivering CPD training and building awareness in your school
About Isabella Wallace
Teaching and Learning, Author and Keynote Speaker
An experienced and award-winning educator, Isabella is a contributor for the Oxford Dictionary of Education and presents nationally and internationally on transformational teaching and learning. With her critically acclaimed Pimp Your Lesson!, Talkless Teaching and her new Best of the Best practical classroom guides series, Isabella is a leading light in educational reform and teacher improvement. She focuses on improving the quality of teaching and learner progression and delivers sessions that are highly interactive and relevant to teaching in the real classroom. Isabella has extensive experience as both a teacher and leader, and the accessibility of her highly sought-after training reflects this.
Thanks to her charisma, enthusiasm and knowledge of what works best, Isabella has delivered training across four different continents and has worked closely with education authorities to develop literacy teaching provision, and to set up, manage and monitor staff coaching systems in schools.
For those travelling to Larnaca for this event, we have secured discounted rooms at the Sun Hall hotel. However, when you register, we will also send you a comprehensive list of other recommended hotels in Larnaca, all just a short walk from the training event.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 20 3637 4232.