Our next free webinar will be delivered by Hywel Roberts on ' Adventures In Learning: A Reverie In Using Stories And Narratives To Hook Children Into Learning
- All Teachers
- Senior and Middle leaders responsible for pedagogy and curriculum delivery across settings with an interest in narrative approaches.
- Teaching Assistants
- An understanding of narrative approaches and how they can encourage greater participation
- Ensuring curriculum coverage and understanding using stories
- How using narrative approaches can develop articulacy and improve writing
- Opportunities for reflection on current curriculum offers in school
- How professional imagination can be employed with the most mundane of curriculum topics!!
In this webinar, Hywel will share his work around the use of narratives and stories to embed learning whilst shifting children from simple engagement, to being invested and independent learners. Hywel will draw on his own teaching to give real examples of the pedagogy of warm (as opposed to cold) practice.
The session will be research informed, academically quantified and offer participants no-cost, quick wins to take back to their schools and classrooms.
Hywel is a teacher with over 25 years’ experience in Special, Primary and Secondary settings. He specialises in the ‘liberation of the art of teaching’ and works with schools in the UK and internationally. A keynote conference speaker, he adds to the education conversation at events such as The Sunday Telegraph Festival of Education. A TES columnist and well-respected author, his award-winning book ‘Oops! Getting Children to Learn Accidentally’ is on the reading list of many university teacher training courses. Hywel’s latest title, ‘Uncharted Territories’, was published in 2018. He also contributes to the Masters programme in Drama and Creative Writing at Leeds Beckett University and heads up the PGCE programme in Drama at Huddersfield University. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, he was recently described as ‘… a world leader in enthusiasm’.