This programme is perfect for school SENCOs, Senior and Middle leaders, Pastoral Leaders and Educational Psychologists working in your school.
We are really excited to be hosting what will be our first ever international training event in our home country, just a stone’s throw away from the International school Veema’s founders once attended.
Inclusion should be at the heart of every school leader’s agenda as getting this right is vital if you are to provide a curriculum that truly meets the needs of all learners in your school. ‘Innovating SEND Leadership – Taking School Inclusion to Another Level’ will be a one-day training course that draws upon the most recent educational research, best practice pedagogical approaches and evidence from leading inclusion experts.
It will equip you as a school leader with the knowledge and resources needed to successfully fulfil your role as a SENCO or inclusion lead. Not only will you acquire the leadership skills required to manage a SEND department effectively, but also strategies to successfully implement, monitor and evidence inclusion practices across your school, plus a range of practical classroom initiatives to share with colleagues.
As a delegate, you will benefit from invaluable resources you can take away and use throughout the school, plus access to further online or in-school support if required.
All delegates will receive a participation certificate and a toolbox of valuable resources to take back to their schools.
During this course you will:
- Learn the key ingredients necessary to build a successful inclusion team and liaise effectively with your senior leadership team.
- Discover how to develop a learning culture within a team or school and remove barriers to learning so as to maximize progress for pupils with SEND.
- Explore a range of learning techniques that will promote and support ‘differentiation’ and ‘quality-first teaching’ throughout your school.
- Find out how to develop effective individual ‘Education Plans’ for pupils, then implement and monitor their use most effectively.
- Review and evaluate best practice frameworks and guidance so as to document, evidence and measure the impact of SEND practices in your school.
- Acquire the communication skills needed to connect with and gain support from external stakeholders, parents, agencies and other educational professionals.
- Understand and apply simple Edtech tools so all children have access to a wide and varied curriculum.
- Discover the most effective policy and classroom resources to support you in your role as inclusion manager, school SENCO or pastoral leader.
- Leave with a toolbox of ideas for delivering SEND training and building awareness in your school.
For those travelling to Larnaca for this event, we have secured discounted rooms at the Sun Hall hotel. However, when you register, we will also send you a comprehensive list of other recommended hotels in Larnaca, all just a short walk from the training event.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or phone +44 20 3637 4232.
About Sam Garner
A qualified mental health practitioner, Sam has worked as a SENCo and mental health specialist across a wide range of educational settings from primary to post 16, so, she understands life ‘at the coal face’ and the real challenges education faces daily. She passionately believes in the significant difference SEN and effective mental health support can make to the lives and wellbeing of our young people. She also believes that implementing a successful mental health strategy for students doesn’t have to be complicated or onerous. As a speaker, Sam is well-known for her ability to entertain through the insightful and humorous perspective she brings when relating her experiences in education. She has written a mental health programme that is used in schools nationally and internationally, and regularly writes for education magazines. Her next book will be published soon.