Our free expert webinar on safeguarding will be on Wednesday 09 January 2019, in association with COBIS, and will be delivered by Ms. Soola Georgiou.
- Senior managers
- Business managers
- HR managers
- Named and Designated Safeguarding leads/Child Protection officers
- Any member of staff who is part of the selection and interview process
- Understanding the wider context and an understanding of offender behaviour
- The recruitment process and an awareness of the key features of staff recruitment that help to deter or prevent the appointment of suitable people
- Making the right decisions - clear assessment criteria and applying a structured and fair approach
- Developing a safer culture - How to create and maintain a culture that will help, deter, prevent and detect inappropriate or abusive behaviour
This webinar will provide information on how recruitment processes should comply with the principles of best practice in safer recruitment.
It will help you understand the measures that must be present in recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that safeguarding and the promotion of the welfare of children is an integral part of human resources management and an essential part of creating a safe environment.
The webinar covers perpetrator behaviour and how the school can deter, reject and identify candidates who are unsuitable to work with children and prevent them from gaining employment in a school.
Soola Georgiou is a safeguarding consultant and trainer. She has over 23 years’ experience working with children, families and professionals in education. She provides general service development and consultancy at both at strategic and at case level. A qualified barrister, she has the legal experience needed to investigate serious case and multi-agency reviews. Her strategic work includes the development of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures, as well as providing advice to head teachers, governors and designated safeguarding leads. Soola has over ten years’ experience as an accredited Safer Recruitment trainer making safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children an integral and essential part of creating safe environments. Soola offers safeguarding audits to schools and other education settings on all aspects of safeguarding and child protection, including statutory guidance and best practice, Ofsted requirements and the review of safer recruitment procedures. Her work on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children has seen her collaborating with various schools as a school governor, the Chartered College of Teaching, The British Association for the Study and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect, Islington Council and Cambridge Education.