Our free expert webinar on Safe Recruitment will be on Thursday 15 March 2018 at 13:30 (GMT), and will be delivered by Soola Georgiou.
- Senior managers
- anyone participating in interview and selection processes
- Understanding the wider context and an understanding of offender behaviour.
- The recruitment process and an awareness of the key features of staff recruitment that help to deter or prevent the appointment of suitable people.
- Making the right decisions - clear assessment criteria and applying a structured and fair approach.
- Developing a safer culture - How to create and maintain a culture that will help, deter, prevent and detect inappropriate or abusive behaviour.
This webinar provides information on how recruitment processes should comply with the principles of safer recruitment practice and to understand the requirements placed on schools under best practice guidance.
The webinar covers perpetrator behaviour and how the school can deter, reject and identify candidates who are unsuitable to work with children and prevent them from gaining employment in a school. It examines the required pre-employment checks for school staff and practical tools to apply throughout the process.
Soola Georgiou is a safeguarding consultant and trainer. She has over 23 years’ experience working with children, families and professionals in education. She provides general service development and consultancy at both a strategic and a case level. A qualified barrister, she has the legal experience needed to investigate serious case and multi-agency reviews. Her strategic work includes the development of safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures, as well as providing advice to head teachers, governors and designated safeguarding leads. An accredited Safer Recruitment trainer, Soola offers safeguarding audits to schools and other education settings on all aspects of safeguarding and child protection, including statutory guidance, Ofsted requirements and revising revised recruitment policies and practices.